When a doctor diagnoses - cervical osteochondrosis, the symptoms of treatment are inextricably linked. This is because this disease is considered complex and multilevel, this or that symptom will indicate not only the stage of the disease but also the one in which it lies exactly, in which vital areas of the body are affected.Symptoms of cervical spine osteochondrosis
- When the nerve endings of the spine are compressed, the symptoms take on their characteristic features. Pain develops in the neck, arms and throat, and this pain can be immediately reflected in other areas, such as the back. Breathing and swallowing can be difficult and the tongue feels numb or "swollen". Noise is heard in the ears and shooting pain is possible, vision is "darkened" and "darkened" in the eyes. A person begins to experience severe malaise, which affects various organs, perhaps a feeling of severe fatigue and apathy, there is a desire to lie down and rest. After the break, there is usually no relief.
- The vertebral artery loses its ability to fully feed the brain. This threatens the appearance of a headache (constant or periodic), loss of coordination when walking, dizziness and loss of consciousness. In addition, disturbances in the form of confusion, hallucinations, and mental disorders are possible. A person at some point may feel well, and after making some physical effort, he experiences any of these symptoms.
- With circulatory disorders, hypertension, tachycardia and stroke occur. Vegetative-vascular dystonia with clogged vessels and arrhythmia will be observed until osteochondrosis is completely cured.
- The level of intracranial pressure increases and symptoms such as the feeling of "swelling" of the head caused by severe pain, weakness and vomiting, dizziness and sharp breakdown occur.
Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis
A person who has experienced the symptoms of neck osteochondrosis in the form of pain and stiffness of movements can quickly alleviate their condition. Pain medications should be taken. Ointments will have an effective effect, they are economical in cost. While taking painkillers, you should observe the dose and contraindications.
After relieving the patient's condition, he should consult a doctor. We must not forget that analgesics can only mask the symptoms, but not get rid of the disease. Separately, it should be noted that for pain reflected from the neck to the back, arms and legs, oils are applied exclusively to the neck. But despite the fact that a person has not gone to a doctor, he can not know the exact diagnosis. And he tries to "treat" everything at once, successfully achieving only an allergic effect.
Treatment is prescribed only after a thorough examination and diagnosis. It aims to improve blood circulation to the affected areas, relieve swelling and tension, and relieve pain. For this, analgesics are used in the form of oils or injections (antispasmodics).
Important!it is necessary to take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, chondroprotectors and vitamins B 6 and B 12.
Vasodilator drugs work in different ways. These are neurotropic drugs that act to reduce nerve impulse and myotropin, acting on the muscles themselves. Due to their action, the tone of the walls of blood vessels decreases and their lumen becomes larger, which increases blood flow to the brain.
Physiotherapy procedures will help relieve pain and alleviate the patient's condition. In this disease, electrophoresis, paraffin and water procedures, magnetotherapy, ultrasound and ultraviolet radiation are used successfully. Massage (not strong) and improving (regular) gymnastics have proven themselves well. Wearing special medical collars will help support the head and neck.
An alternative, and in other cases an addition to the treatment, is special gymnastics.
Folk remedies for disease relief
- Gentle massage with warm honey. It is necessary to rub very carefully, and then wrap the neck and do, thus, warm the honey.
- Rubbing with ingredients that heat the injured area. May be alcohol-based - infusions of pepper, garlic, you can use the application of fresh parts of these herbs (horseradish, onion, radish are also suitable).
- Warm pine baths. A decoction of 0. 5 kg is being prepared. needles and 2 liters. waterThis bath is taken within half an hour.
it is necessary to closely monitor the body's allergic reactions to the ingredients used and to remember that these remedies alleviate but do not cure the disease.
A person who has problems with the spine in the cervical spine will need to devote time regularly to this area in order to start moving completely again and not face this problem in the future.
Speaking of preventing cervical osteochondrosis, it should be noted:
- importance of diet - food should be rich in calcium and magnesium (dairy and fish products, legumes and whole grains) and vitamins.
- The need to devote time to maintaining the physical shape of the body (swimming is very useful), then the muscular corset of the neck will be quite strong and will reduce the load on the back.
- The importance of excluding (or reducing the impact) from your life the factors that provoke cervical osteochondrosis. The symptoms and treatment are uncomfortable and lengthy, and prevention is quite simple and easy.